Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). soft butter
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cubed cranberry jelly
- Sift flour, measure, resift 3 times with baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter, add sugar creaming thoroughly.
- Add egg yolk and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately in 3 portions, beginning and ending with flour and beating well after each.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg white.
- Pour into greased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake in a 400 degree (200 C.) oven for 5 minutes, then sprinkle cranberry cubes over top of batter and continue baking another 15 to 20 min. or until golden brown.
- Serve warm like coffee cake or muffins with butter.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.