Print Friendly Recipe
- An easy childhood favorite.
- 1-1/2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cocoa
- 2 cups (475 ml) uncooked oats
- powdered sugar
- Put butter in bowl and let stand until soft; beat well.
- Beat in sugar.
- Mix in water, vanilla and cocoa.
- Stir in oats.
- Store overnight in refrigerator.
- Shape into 36 balls (on wax paper).
- Roll in powdered sugar.
- Keep cookies in refrigerator.
- This recipe comes from Mary Alden's Cook Book for Children published by Wonder Books in 1955.
As a child I thought this was gourmet cooking (if I'd known the word gourmet). Making them now, I still love them but they bring to mind my kids love of raw cookie dough.
A very easy recipe. I just wish I could share the fun illustrations that go with the recipe. For cookbook collectors, this one is great!
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.