Print Friendly Recipe
- 30 or more ripe tomatoes (depending on size), chopped
- 5 onions, chopped
- 8 green bell peppers, chopped
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) salt
- 5 cups (1175 ml) cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground cloves
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cinnamon
- pinch allspice
- Combine tomatoes, onions and bell peppers in a saucepan.
- Att brown sugar, salt and vinegar.
- Heat on low for about 2 hours stirring frequently.
- Add spices and cook for another 2 hours stirring so as not to burn.
- Put sauce into freezer containers or glass jars.
- Process in hot water bath, if using jars.
- Vary quantities of ingredients to your taste. Chop vegetables in food processor to save time. Store in freezer for up to 6 months.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.