Print Friendly Recipe
- Recipes on Parade, Military Officers Wives Favorites,1968
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 head cabbage (3 to 4 pounds), shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) celery seed
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) crushed pineapple
- Mix flour, salt, 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar and mustard in top of double boiler.
- Add small amount of milk, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add remaining milk, eggs yolks, vinegar and butter.
- Place over hot water and cook, stirring constnatly for 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Mix cabbage, carrot, celery seed, pepper, pineapple and remaining sugar; toss lightly.
- Pour dressing over slaw; mix.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.