Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- raisins (optional) 2 cups
- Mix dry ingredients together, then add the milk till doughy, and then add more flour until the dough becomes not sticky.
- The roll out the dough to about 2 inches thick.
- Use a fork to poke holes on both sides of the dough.
- Put on greased cookie sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Bake till light brown, approximately 45 minutes.
- Check it every ten minutes.
- Take out the Bannock and cool it for about 20 minutes.
- Or you can cut it in little slices, then fry it in butter.
- Native Bannock. A traditional Scottish cake popular for breakfast or high tea.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.