Print Friendly Recipe
- William Bohannon
- 4 artichokes
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced cooked chicken
- 4 jalapeno pickled peppers
- 4 lemons sliced
- water for boiling
- Miracle Whip or salad dressing
- Cut top 1/3 off each artichoke.
- Place in boiling salted water with sliced lemon for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Mix chicken and jalapeno with some salad dressing to make a salad.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the center softest leaves and any purple thistle.
- Stuff with chicken salad.
- Cut off stem and place stuffed artichoke in serving bowl.
- Serve very warm with more salad dressing on the side for dipping leaves.
- This is an authentic recipe from San Jose California.
They really love artichokes there and will eat almost the entire thing including the center of the stem!
I don't know why they prefer Miracle Whip to melted butter but it is good so try it.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.