Print Friendly Recipe
- Sauce for breakfast burritos, enchiladas, etc.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 clove garlic, pressed in garlic press
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic salt
- 1/4 teasppon cumin
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) chopped green chili
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil till onion is tender
- Mix cornstarch and water till smooth; add to above mixture.
- Add cumin and green chili to above mixture.
- Bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add garlic salt only if you want a little more garlic flavor and need more salt.
- Serve on breakfas burritos or use as enchilada sauce.
- 1/2 Use the recipe per person.
- The chilis can be adjusted to taste as to hot you want it to be.
I use this on my breakfrast burritos which I have at night for supper and as my enchilada sauce for leftover roast beef, pork or chicken or no meat at all. It is a favorite of my family.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.