Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes in puree sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 8 jalapeno peppers, stemed and seeded
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cilantro, dry (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin
- garlic salt to enhance garlic flavor (optional)
- Boil peppers in water for 5 minutes.
- Drain water from peppers, put in food processer and chop.
- Add crushed tomatoes, garlic, salt, cilantro, cumin and mix all together.
- Best if made ahead of time for flavor to blend.
You may also adjust amount of peppers for how hot you want it more or less.
My son got this recipe from a Mexican in Las Cruces, N.M. It has become a favorite of my family and many of our friends. Dad just loves it so whenever I make a new batch I make a recipe and half and give him the quart.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.