Print Friendly Recipe
- Chucks Collection
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) raw popcorn
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- salt, if desired
- Place popcorn and oil in a large pot that has a tight fitting lid.
- Popcorn should barely cover the bottom surface.
- Heat over medium heat until the first kernels start to pop.
- Quickly stir in the sugar until it is dissolved.
- Cover and continuously shake, while holding the top.
- Be careful, this will burn much quicker than regular popcorn.
- When you think it is all popped, remove from the heat.
- Pour into a bowl, shaking to settle the unpopped corn.
- Salt lightly, if desired and break into pieces.
- NOTE: Sugar can be colored with red food coloring by adding 1/4 tsp (1 ml).
- food coloring to 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar, pouring in a sealed bottle, shaking and then let stand 12 hours, shaking again and let stand another 12 hours.
- Or you can buy colored sugar at the grocery store.
- Enjoy!! It is good. Been a long time since I've had any.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.