Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). package Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- Melt chocolate chips over hot (not boiling) water; remove from heat.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add water; beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine egg whites and salt; beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in the brown sugar and continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form
- Gently fold in chocolate mixture.
- Chill in refrigerator several hours or until ready to serve.
- Note: Because it contains raw eggs, be sure to keep mousse refrigerated.
This recipe is from the Toll House Heritage Cookbook, Rutledge Books, Inc., 1980.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.