Print Friendly Recipe
- Lebanese Salad
- B Wyatt
- 1 lb (.5 kg). #1 (very fine) bulgar wheat (available at Middle Eastern grocers)
- 1 cup (225 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). crushed mint leaves (optional)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped very fine (include some stems)
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped very fine (include some green stems)
- 2 large very ripe red tomatos, chopped very fine
- Pour bulgar wheat into large bowl, cover with water and let set 1 hour.
- Line collandar with clean cloth, pour in bulgar wheat, and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Return bulgar wheat to large bowl.
- Chop tomatoes, onions and parsley; mix well with bulgar wheat.
- Add lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon and mint; mix well.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- If too much liquid, skim off.
- Salad should not be "soupy".
- Add more salt, pepper, cinnamon and mint to individual taste.
- My mother got this recipe from a Lebanese lady who ran a restaurant in our hometown many years ago. Over the years it has become a tradition to prepare this salad during the holidays. Enjoy!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.