Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rum (can double this amount)
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). semi-sweet or sweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) whipping cream
- 2 stiffly beaten egg whites
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipped cream
- Cook sugar and rum over very low heat until dissolved but not colored brown.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- When chocolate is melted stir in 2 tbsp (30 ml) whipping cream.
- Add sugar and rum mixture and stir until smooth.
- When the mixture is cool but not chilled, fold in egg whites.
- Fold the combination very gently into 2 cups (475 ml) whipped cream.
- Chill in shervet glasses at least 2 hours before serving.
- The recipe is from the 1964 Joy of Cooking by Irma S. Rombauer and Marion Rombauer Becker.
Published by The Bobbs Merrill Co., Inc.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.