Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). yellow squash, cooked and pureed (hubbard, butternut, acorn, etc.)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 5 cups (1175 ml) chicken stock
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted and chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 hot chili pepper, roasted and finely minced (optional)
- Combine all ingredients, except milk and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add milk, heat and serve.
- For a creamy soup, puree all in a blender or food processor and reheat on low before serving
- You can also substitute sweet potatoes in place of the squash and it comes out great.
Use vegetable stock in place of the chicken stock for a vegetarian dish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.