Print Friendly Recipe
- Polish Sauteed Butter and Onion Potato Noodles
- church cookbook
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour (or a little more)
- 1 large onion
- bacon, fried and crumbled (optional)
- Grate potatoes, add salt and water.
- Stir in flour to make a medium soft dough.
- Have a 2 quarts (1900 ml) pan of boiling water with 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) salt.
- Drop with a wet spoon off a saucer into the water.
- Cook several minutes.
- Drain slightly, put back into pan.
- Saute in separate frying pan, 1 large chopped onion in 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter.
- Pour over potato noodles and let simmer a few minutes.
- Fried crumbled bacon may be used instead of the onion.
- Bacon grease can be used instead of the butter.
- The author of this recipe said it is very good served with cottage cheese and Sweet and Sour cabbage.
I have never made this recipe, so don't know how it will turn out.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.