Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 bag (26 oz (728 grm).) frozen country style hash browns
- 2 cups (475 ml) Colby cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) onion, minced
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) beef broth
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter, melted
- dash of garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Combine the frozen hash browns, cheese and onion in a large bowl.
- Combine the milk, beef broth, half of the melted butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Mix until well blended, then pour the mixture over the hash browns and mix well.
- Heat the remaining butter in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, spoon in the hash brown mixture.
- Cook the hash browns stirring occasionally, until hot and all the cheese is melted (about 7 minutes).
- Put the skillet in the oven at 450 degrees (225 C.) and bake for 45 to 60 min. or until the surface of the hash browns are dark brown.
- This is Cracker Barrel's hash brown casserole from St. Ann's Sampler cookbook.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.