Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) margarine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) corn meal
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- raisins, optional
- Cream together margarine, sugar, vanilla and egg till smooth.
- Add and mix well flour, corn meal, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in raisins, if desired
- Drop from a tbsp to a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) about 15 minutes till lightly brown.
- This recipe dates to the 1830's
Good luck--they are great.
Cranberries can be substituted for raisins.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.