Print Friendly Recipe
- Chucks Collection
Serves/Makes:16 ounce bottle
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried, finely shredded red bell pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried, finely grated carrot
- 4 tsp (20 ml) sugar
- 4 tsp (20 ml) dry pectin
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) lemon pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground oregano
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- Dry bell pepper and carrot by placing on a cookie sheet and drying in the in the oven at 300 degrees (150 C.) or in a food dehydrator.
- Combine all ingredients except vinegar, oil and water.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- To use, mix contents in a jar with 1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar and 6 tbsp (90 ml) water.
- Shake well and add 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil.
- Shake until well blended.
- If you use olive oil it will harden in the refrigerator.
Remove ahead of time to thaw.
I use Canola oil most of the time. It will NOT harden in the refrigerator.
I also usually make a double batch of mix and store until needed.
Also dry a whole grated carrot and a grated bell pepper.
Store each seperately until needed.
You can buy dry pectin at the grocery store. It is with the canning supplies, usually.
Powdered onion can be made by placeing dried minced onion in a blender.
If you have any questions e-mail me email@example.com
My wife and I ALWAYS use this recipe instead of buying. We think it tastes better.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.