Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) molasses
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 4 cups (950 ml) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) allspice
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans, Optional
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 3oz. pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 4-3/4 cups (1125 ml) powdered sugar, sifted
- Cream the shortening with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the molasses and sour cream.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and add to the sour cream mixture.
- Stir until just moistened and no flour streaks remain.
- Spoon into muffin tins that have been coated with a non-stick spray filling each cup 1/2 full.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 12 to 15 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm.
- Beat together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar, beating well.
- Add another 2 1/2 to 2-3/4 cups (650 ml) of powdered sugar to reach spreading consistency.
- This frosts the tops of 24 muffins or top and sides of an 8" or 9" two layer cake.
- After frosting, cover and store in refrigerator.
- If muffins are to be frosted, cool first.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.