Print Friendly Recipe
- Joseph Carey - William Bohannon
- 10 lbs (4.5 kg). whole turkey, cleaned (giblets use for something else)
- Kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- For the Dressing/Stuffing:
- 4 cups (950 ml) fresh ground Challa bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced fresh mushroom (button or cremini)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mixed chopped nuts (English walnuts, pecans, hazlents, pinion nuts)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs (45 ml). dried basil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chicken base/bouillon granuales or some salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). fresh ground black pepper
- Clean and thaw turkey completely and trim away excess fat from neck area.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper rub into skin and inside.
- Cut leg quarters (drumstick and thigh in one piece)away from carcass.
- Pry the back away from the carcass by pulling bottom end towards the neck.
- Discard the back and the giblets or save for later use.
- Place whole turkey breast breast up in roasting pan and arrange leg quarters around.
- Brush or rub with some olive oil and let stand until ready to cook.
- Add some water to bottom of pan.
- Heat oven 500 degrees (250 C.) (Bake setting).
- Bake turkey 30-35 minutes (check after 20 minutes).
- For the Dressing:
- Saute/fry the nuts and garlic in the olive oil until nice and brown.
- Toss to combine with remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into baking dish.
- Bake with turkey uncovered last 5 min. of cooking.
- The dressing which tastes like Pesto sauce is good with all types of meat.
Size and variety of turkey may cause cooking time to vary.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.