Print Friendly Recipe
- William Bohannon
- 2 cups (475 ml) basmati rice
- 1 flour tortilla
- olive oil
- butter or margarine
- 1 moistened terry cloth kitchen towel
- Pour some olive oil in a small stew pot.
- Place tortilla on bottom of oiled pot.
- In another pot, start water boiling for rice.
- Place rice in pot and parboil in rapidly boiling water for 5 minutes while stirring.
- Put rice in collander rinse and strain.
- Place wet rice on flour tortilla in pyramid fashion.
- Make several evenly spaced holes in rice pyramid and mold little pieces of cold butter with your fingers and fill the holes.
- Cover pot with dry kitchen towel.
- Place lid on top.
- Cook on very low heat 20 min.
- Serve with tiny pieces of the burnt tortilla mixed in.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.