Print Friendly Recipe
- Classic Betty Crocker Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). sweet potatoes or yams (1 lb (.5 kg). equals about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dairy sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) mace
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) miniature marshmallows or cut-up large marshmallows
- If using fresh sweet potatoes,add to boiling water and cook, covered, until fork tenderabout 30 to 35 minutes.
- Drain; slip out of skins and mash.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In mixer bowl, combine sweet potatoes, sour cream, egg yolk, salt and mace.
- Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Pour mixture into buttered 1-quart casserole; top with marshmallows.
- Bake 30 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown.
- This is a nice side to the turkey or ham at Thanksgiving or Christmas.
The sour cream cuts the sweetness of the standard candied yams or sweet potatoes for a sweet and savory side.
A 1 lb., 1 oz. can of vacuum-packed sweet potatoes may be used to speed up preparation.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.