Print Friendly Recipe
- A Traditonal American Cucumber Salad
- S. Chokel
- 2 cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 large red onion, sliced thin rings
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) or less, just a pinch of powdered tarragon
- Peel cucumber if you like, but slice in thin slices.
- Peel the onion and slice into very thin rings (or half rings if too big an onion).
- Make a dressing be combining the sour cream, vinegar, water, salt, pepper, and tarragon.
- Pour over cucumbers and onions.
- Chill and serve.
- Note: Some people like a bit of sugar added for a sweetened version, which is fine.. do it to taste, using a small amount at a time when you make the dressing.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.