Print Friendly Recipe
- Rich Buttery Shortbread.
- S. Chokel
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) corn starch
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of butter
- Put all ingredients into a big bowl.
- Work it all with your hands and press into a firm ball.
- Press it all into an 8-inch cake pan.
- Mark it with a fork making long scratching indented marks.
- Bake it at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 40 minutes until golden brown.
- Cut into squares while still warm.
- A long standing recipe from my grandmother who immigrated from Ireland as a girl with this recipe tucked away with her. Until close to her passing the recipe was only known and made with her head, heart, and hands.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.