Print Friendly Recipe
- A Custard Sauce especially good with Cranberry Angel Whip.
- S. Chokel
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk, scalded
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Beat egg yolks.
- Mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt together; add to egg yolks.
- Slowly add to scalded milk, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat until mixture coats spoon.
- Remove from heat, pour into bowl or jar to cool (Cover to prevent scum from forming).
- Add vanilla flavoring after custard has chilled.
- Store in refrigerator as soon as transferred from saucepan to bowl or jar.
- Note: Substitute Rum or Brandy flavoring is you wish. I like lemon very much for pound cake with fresh raspberries.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.