Print Friendly Recipe
- An elegant and fairly easy entree for special dinners.
- S. Chokel
- 3 large whole chicken breasts, halved, boned, and skinned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) celery, chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) white wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) flaked crab meat
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cubed herb-seasoned stuffing
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) of Hollandaise Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Pound chicken breasts to flatten; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute onion and celery in 3 tbsp (45 ml) of butter until tender.
- Remove from heat and add 3 tbsp (45 ml) of wine, crabmeat, and stuffng.
- Toss to blend.
- Divide mixture among chicken breasts (about 2 tbsp (30 ml) or so), roll up and secure with toothpicks or string.
- Combine flour and paprika and coat chicken.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, drizzle with melted butter and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and keep warm.
- Add remaining wine to Hollandaise Sauce and spoon over chicken.
- Serving Suggestion:
Use a platter with a foundation of colorful steamed rice with red and green pepper pieces to lay the chicken on.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.