Print Friendly Recipe
- Prickly Pear
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 ribs celery, chopped
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 (28 oz) can tomatoes
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). Polish sausage (sliced and browned)
- 1 cup (225 ml) ham, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley, chopped (can use freeze dried)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Tabasco
- 3 tsp (15 ml) thyme
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Worcestershire
- 2 cups (475 ml) uncooked rice (not Minute-type)
- Saute onion, bell pepper, garlic, celery and scallions in small amount of oil.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth and cook for 1 hour.
- The add the Polish sausage, ham and parsley and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Stir in the Tabasco, thyme and Worcestershire and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Finally, add 2 cups (475 ml) uncooked rice and cook for an additional 30-40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- My husband loves for me to make this ahead and send it on camping trips with him--it's very good reheated. It always goes over well wherever/whenever it is served.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.