Print Friendly Recipe
- I've had this recipe for 30 years.
Serves/Makes:7 dozen or more
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cardamon
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 3/4 sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) molasses
- 2 tsp (10 ml). orange rind
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, egg, and molasses.
- Add the orange rind and dry ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Cover, chill overnight (Can be kept chilled for 1 week).
- Roll out 1/8 inch thick.
- Bake 375 degrees (200 C.) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- I know what you want. Your recipe I think is German this is similar but Norwegian. I will keep looking in my old cookbooks if I get more time. This recipe, I have had for over 30 years, I think I got it when I worked in Minneapolis from and old cookbook of my landladies.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.