Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). Concord grapes (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- Oat Streusel:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or regular margarine
- Wash and pick over grapes.
- Slip skins from grapes by pinching end opposite stem end.
- Reserve skins.
- Place pulp in two-quart saucepan.
- Cook over high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer five minutes, or until pulp is soft.
- Put hot pulp through strainer or food mill to remove seeds.
- Combine strained pulp, reserved skins, sugar, flour, lemon juice and salt in bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour grape mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Prepare oat streusel and sprinkle over grape mixture.
- Oat Streusel: Combine oats, brown sugar and flour in bowl.
- Cut in butter or regular margarine until crumbly, using a pastry blender.
- Bake in 425 degree (225 C.) oven thirty-five minutes or until filling is bubbly.
- Cover loosely with foil after twenty minutes if top becomes too brown. Cool on rack.
- I don't know if this is the same recipe, my family came by it when we had a grape arbor and not enough jelly jars.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.