Print Friendly Recipe
- Fill only with precooked or no-cook fillings.
Serves/Makes:One 9-in. pie crust
- 2 cups (475 ml) oat flake-and-almond breakfast cereal, such as Quaker Toasted Oatmeal or Oatmeal Crisp With Almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). fat-free egg substitute
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shredded sweetened coconut
- Place the cereal in the bowl of a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- Measure the crumbs; there should be 1 cup (225 ml) (Adjust the amount if necessary).
- Return the crumbs to the food processor, add the sugar and process for a few seconds to mix well.
- Add the egg substitute and process for about 20 seconds, or until the mixture is moist and crumbly.
- Add the coconut and process for a few seconds, or just until well mixed.
- Coat a 9-in. pie pan with nonstick cooking spray and use the back of a spoon to press the mixture against the bottom and sides of the pan, forming an even crust (Periodically dip the spoon in sugar, if necessary, to prevent sticking).
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 10 minutes, or until the edges feel firm and dry.
- Cool to room temperature before filling.
- Nutritional Facts (Per 1/8 Crust)
Calories: 69, Carbohydrates: 12.7 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Fat: 1.6 g, Fiber: 0.9 g, Protein: 1.5 g, Sodium: 56 mg
You Save: Calories: 66, Fat: 8.8 g
From "Secrets of Fat-Free Desserts" by Sandra Woodruff, RD
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.