Print Friendly Recipe
- Good if you can stand garlic & peanut butter mixed
- 3 cups (700 ml) whole wheat flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) multigrain oatmeal or old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) wheat germ
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) water
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- Adjust rack to the lower third of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees (125 C.).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the whole wheat flour, oatmeal, wheat germ, powdered milk and garlic powder in a large bowl to blend thoroughly.
- Blend the water, peanut butter and egg until smooth.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir until well blended (the dough will be stiff. You might find it easier to knead the mixture with your hands).
- Roll or pat the dough to a 1/2 inch thick rectangle.
- Cut out the biscuit shapes using a 3 inch bone shaped cookie cutter (Scraps are reusable).
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- For crispier, drier biscuits, bake an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Store in an airtight metal container.
Dog loved these but mixing garlic and peanut butter together has a very odd smell!
But what we wouldn't do for our "other" loved ones!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.