Print Friendly Recipe
- First one I learned
- 1 package stovetop stuffing
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 medium onion
- miracle whip or mayo
- 1 turkey
- Saute onion and celery in butter.
- Prepare stuffing according to package.
- Mix all together and cool (so you can handle it).
- Remove neck & gizzards from turkey (usually is a package tucked inside).
- Stuff what you can of the stuffing into the bird cavity as well as the neck end.
- Rub entire bird with generous amount of miracle whip or mayo.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees (200 C.) for about an hour (This will brown the skin nicely).
- Cover with lid or foil.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees (175 C.) for the rest of the cooking time.
- 1/2 hour per pound, approximately.
- I have added a can of mushrooms to the stuffing for a nice variety.
Any extra stuffing can be put in a casserole and baked along side turkey.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.