Print Friendly Recipe
- This is for birds I also have one for humans
- Chuck's Collection
Serves/Makes:One or two or four
- 1 cup (225 ml) cornmeal
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) oatmeal (Old Fashion or Quick Cooking)
- 1 tbs (15 ml) powdered milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grease (bacon, chicken, lard or a combination)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried bread crumbs**
- ** I have used bread crumbs, Matzo meal, dry cake, graham cracker or cereal put in a blender to make crumbs)
- Combine all ingredients, cut in grease until well mixed.
- Slowly add water, stirring, until you have a thick batter.
- Place in an ungreased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool in the pan.
- Can be put in a mesh bag, left whole or broken up before feeding the birds.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.