Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:Varies, depending on size
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 3 tsp (15 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). melted shortening
- 2 cups (475 ml) whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) lard
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine egg, milk and shortening.
- Blend in flour mixture.
- Mix well, add corn.
- Heat lard, to make 1/2 in bottom of skillet.
- Drop by tbsp and fry.
- My mother used to make these often. I seldon take the time to make them.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.