Print Friendly Recipe
- Ruth M's Recipes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all vegetable shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) prepared mincemeat
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) quick oats (not instant or old fashioned oats)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine butter flavored crisco, sugar and egg in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in mincemeat.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Mix into creamed mixture at low speed until blended.
- Stir in nuts and oats with spoon.
- Drop rounded tbsp of dough 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet greased with butter flavored crisco.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 12 minutes, or until set and lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheet.
- Remove to cooling rack.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.