Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant (found on internet)
Serves/Makes:12 small pancakes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooked sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped, or roughly mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk (or more)
- sour cream
- Place sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and add the baking powder.
- Add up to 1/3 cup (80 ml) of milk, stirring.
- Stir in 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter.
- The mixture should have the consistency of thick, lumpy sauce and be able to coat a wooden spoon.
- Place a non-stick or heavy iron skillet over medium heat on top of the stove and add 1/2 tsp (2 ml) butter.
- Spoon 3 tbsp (45 ml) of batter per pancake into the skillet and cook until bubbles rise to the surface of the pancakes and break, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using a spatula, flip the pancakes and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove pancakes from the skillet and keep warm on a covered plate in the oven.
- Repeat the procedure until all the pancakes are cooked.
- After the first batch is cooked, add as little butter as possible without allowing the pancakes to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with sour cream.
- Another contributor adds that Bruce's foods puts out a sweet potatoe pancake mix. It is available here From Albertsons, Winn Dixie and Super One foods.
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.