Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). beef liver
- 1 cup (225 ml) cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, washed
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) wheat germ
- 3 cups (700 ml) whole wheat flour
- Rinse liver and cut into chunks.
- Simmer liver with 1 cup (225 ml) of water until it is no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Drain liquid into a measuring cup and add water to make 1 cup (225 ml).
- Put liver in a blender, drop in the eggs (including shells) and puree, adding the reserved liquid.
- Pour into a bowl and add remaining ingredients, stirring in flour last.
- Stir until evenly moistened the scrape onto a floured surface.
- Knead until no longer sticky adding flour as needed.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thickness and cut with a knife or bone-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 500 degrees (250 C.) for 1 hour.
- Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Cooled bones should be hard; if not return to oven and bake 10 minutes more.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Note: Bones that are not completely dry may develop a harmless mold at room temperature.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.