Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cornmeal
- 1 medium egg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesean cheese
- Combine all ingredients except 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesean cheese.
- Knead until thoroughly mixed.
- Using a tsp, scoop out dough and roll into 1 inch balls (or divide the dough in half, then into fourths and so on until you have 18 small pieces).
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the balls into pencil-shaped sticks.
- Roll sticks in remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) Parmesean cheese, then flatten them by hand or with a rolling pin.
- Twist each stick several times and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on pan.
- Store in a sealed container.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.