Print Friendly Recipe
- recipe handed down two generations
- Deborah Mitchell
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). cocoa
- 3 egg yolks (save egg whites for meringue)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla flavoring
- 1 cooked pie shell
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) sugar
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla.
- Stir continously over medium heat until thick.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla; stir.
- Place in cooked pie shell.
- Add meringue being sure to spread to touch edge of pie shell.
- Place in oven at 400 degrees (200 C.) until top is desired browness.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until desired stiffness.
- Add sugar; mix until blended.
- I learned to make this pie from my mother, who learned
to make it from her mother.I get many requests for this
at social functions.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.