Print Friendly Recipe
- A Stew or soup made from stew meat or beef tail meat
- My mom's recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- stew meat or beef tails
- chopped carrots (big pieces)
- chopped potatoes
- green onions, chopped
- garlic salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). cornstarch
- whole kernel corn
- 2 cans beef broth
- (optional) egg noodles
- Sprinkle stew meat with pepper and garlic salt.
- Brown stew meat or beef tails in skillet until outsides are mostly done.
- Drain grease from meat and place in large cooking pot, add beef broth and vegetables.
- Add water as needed to fill cooking pot to desired level.
- Cook on medium, stirring often, until carrots are tender.
- Continue adding water if needed.
- Once vegetables are near tender, add egg noodles if desired, cook until tender.
- Just before serving, mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup (60 ml) water in a seperate container, mixing until lumps are gone.
- Add cornstarch mixture to soup and stir until thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This is great for a cold day.
Mom used to make it with beef tails, bone and all!
But cut stew meat works just fine.
She never did put in the noodles like I do, but we prefer them.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.