Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck's Collection
- 1 cup (225 ml) dark corn syrup
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). baking soda
- Line an 8 x 12 inch pan with foil and butter generously.
- Combine sugar, syrup and vinegar in a DEEP pan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Cook without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 300 degrees (150 C.), swirling pan occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add baking soda immediately and stir well, it will FOAM ( reason for a deep pan).
- Immediately pour into lined pan.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Break into chunks.
- Dip into melted chocolate if desired.
- Have not made any since the late 40s.
Forgot all about it. Hope you like.
Think I'll make some. Used to be able to buy it wrapped, cost 1 penny.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.