Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) olive oil
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tbsp (90 ml). black pepper
- 4 lemons, sliced
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). Tabasco
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp (5 ml). paprika
- 4 tsp (20 ml). salt
- 8 lbs (3.6 kg). raw, unpeeled, jumbo shrimp
- french bread, for dipping
- In 2 quarts (1900 ml) saucepan, heat butter and olive oil.
- Add Worcestershire, pepper, lemons, Tabasco, Italian seasoning, garlic, paprika and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide shrimp between two dutch ovens and pour heated sauce over each.
- Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Place dutch ovens in 450 degree (225 C.) oven and bake, uncovered, for 10 minutes, turning shrimp once.
- Serve in a shallow soup bowl with lots of French bread for dipping in the sauce.
- This is from a New Orleans cookbook Jambalaya.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.