Print Friendly Recipe
- Diabetic Sweet Tooth Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand
- 13 oz (364 grm). can evaporated skim milk
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). granulated frucose
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) unsweetened cereal crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) nuts, chopped very fine
- Combine milk and cocoa; cook and beat over low heat until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add butter, fructose, salt and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook 2 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes, divide in half; roll each half into an eight inch long stick.
- Roll each stick in finely chopped nuts, wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
Exchange, 1 candy: 1/4 bread. 1/4 fat
Calories, 1 candy 30
Carbohydrates, 1 candy: 4 g
This is another fudge that I got from the book
Diabetic Sweet Tooth Cookbook by Mary Jane Finsand.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.