Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). of one of the following: peppermint, spearmint, cherry, lemon, or orange extract
- food colour
- In a 2 quarts (1900 ml) saucepan stir together sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Bring to boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Without stirring, cook until temperature on candy thermometer reaches 300 degrees (150 C.) or a small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water separates into threads which are hard and brittle.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in flavoring and food color just enough to mix.
- Place 20 lollipop sticks, 4 inches apart on greased baking sheets or foil.
- Drop candy mixture from tip of tsp over one end of each stick to form a 3-inch disc.
- If mixture hardens before all lollipops are made, stir over low heat just until mixture is melted.
- When cool, wrap individually in plastic wrap.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.