Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck's Collection
- 2 cups (475 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). sugar
- 1 pkg. (2-1/4 tsp (10 ml).) dry yeast
- 2 cups (475 ml) warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
- Mix dry ingredients, gradually stir in warm water until well mixed.
- Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap and allow to stand at room temperature for 3 days, stirring at least once a day.
- After 3 days the starter should be bubbly, with a clean sour, somewhat alcholic aroma.
- "Herman" is now ready to use or store in the refrigerator for up to 14 days.
- The starter may be frozen for longer storage.
- After using some of the starter, replenish it as follows.
- Into the remaining starter, mix in 1 cup (225 ml) unbleached flour, 1 cup (225 ml) milk and 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar.
- If planning to use again in a few days, allow to stand at room temprature for at least 1 day.
- After replenishing the starter it will be very active, be sure to store it in a large container.
- During refrigerator storage, stir down every day.
- Hope you enjoy Sourdough baking as much as I do.
If you use "SEARCH" , you can find many recipes on the internet and at this site.
NOTE: Do NOT use metal containers or spoons.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.