Print Friendly Recipe
- A baked bean dish that only takes a short time to prepare.
Serves/Makes:5 or more
- 1 large can of pork & beans or baked beans
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground beef
- 2 small apples
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). mustard
- Fry ground beef with the onion and green pepper.
- Place beans in a baking dish.
- Add beef and mustard.
- Peel and core apples.
- Slice 1/2" thick and place on top of bean mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30-40 minutes.
- As a child my mother used to make this dish. She would
serve it with biscuits and with it being a filling as it
is, we wouldn't be hungry again for hours! My father retired from the army and he was the one who showed my
mother how to cook. I'm not sure if the army is where
he learned this one, but it is a favorite around my home.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.