Print Friendly Recipe
- Fish and Game Cooking by Joan Cone
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 armadillo, cut into serving pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or cooking oil
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of thyme
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a brown paper bag and shake armadillo pieces in bag until well coated.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven; add armadillo and brown on both sides.
- Add water, just to cover, and remaining ingredients.
- Cover pot and simmer over low heat until meat is tender, approximately 1 1/2 hours.
- Thicken liquid with a flour and water paste and adjust seasoning.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.