Print Friendly Recipe
- Aunty M's Web Page
- 1 pre-cooked Swiss Sponge Roll[Plain or Chocolate]
- 8 oz (224 grm). ricotta cheese
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Creme de Cacao
- 1 oz (28 grm). grated chocolate
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). chopped glace fruit.
- whipped cream
- grated chocolate.
- Place ricotta cheese, icing sugar, vanilla & Creme de Cacao in a mixing bowl and beat well until all combined .
- Fold through chocolate and glace fruit and spread over cake.
- Reroll and transfer to a serving platter.
- Spread with whipped cream and decorate with grated chocolate.
- An absolutely lovely easy way of making a stunning Sicilian roll. From Italian Cooking for Pleasure by Mary Reynolds.
A "Chocolate Roll" is a wonderful food for chocoholics, but if allergic to chocolate just use the plain "roll" and omit the chocolate--it's just as good.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.