Print Friendly Recipe
- luscious dessert
- 18 oz (504 grm). ricotta cheese
- 9 oz (252 grm). sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). chopped pistachio nuts
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). chopped glace fruit.
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground cinnamon
- 2 oz (56 grm). dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). Amaretto liqueur
- 1 20 cm.(8")round sponge cake cut into 1 cm. (1/2") slices
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Amaretto liqueur
- selection of glace fruit.
- Beat ricotta and sugar together until light and fluffy; divide in half.
- Fold pistachios and fruit in the first half of mixture.
- Mix cinnamon, chocolate and 2 tbsp (30 ml) Amaretto into other half.
- Cover and set aside.
- Line base and sides of a 20 cm. (8") bowl or mould with plastic food wrap,
- then fill with 3/4 of cake slices;
- Fill with ricotta mixture and cover with remaining cake.
- Cover and freeze for 2 hrs. or overnight.
- To make topping,whip cream and 1 tbsp (15 ml) Amaretto together until soft peaks form.
- Just prior to serving turn out Cassata, spread completely with cream and decorate with glace fruit.
- A beautiful rich dessert. Improves overnight.
Made on special occasions for relations birthdays, etc...
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.