Print Friendly Recipe
- Moist and Yummy
- Sheila Kosko from Arca Max
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) ripe bananas (mashed)
- 8 oz (224 grm). sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar(maybe more)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add bananas, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients-- flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- Pour into a prepared 9 inch x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Combine and beat all ingredients until desired consistency (You may need to add more sugar...I did).
- Store cake in refrigerator.
- This cake is very fluffy soft, not too sweet, and the frosting is out of this world. It seems more like cake than bars to me but I guess you could cut it into bars if you wanted.
It also keeps well (since refrigerated) and you can microwave it, a piece at a time, for 20-30 seconds.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.