Print Friendly Recipe
- Cold Orange Souffle from The Best from Helen Corbitt's Kitchens
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). unflavored gelatin plus
- 1 tsp (5 ml). unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) orange juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar (divided use)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). grated orange peel
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned apricot halves
- Soften gelatin in cold water and set aside.
- Mix egg yolks, orange juice, salt, and 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar.
- Cook in a double boiler until thickened.
- Stir in gelatin and orange peel, and cool.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in rest of sugar into egg whites, and beat until stiff.
- Whip the cream.
- Fold egg whites into custard as it begins to congeal, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into custard cups and refrigerate.
- Unmold and serve with sauce of apricots pureed in the blender and sweetened to taste.
- Or pour into a 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) souffle dish or mold.
- This is a delicious souffle to serve cold with any fruit and flavored whipped cream, if you wish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.